speech-language pathology, communication sciences and disorders master's
about our communication sciences and disorders programs
rockhurst's communication sciences and disorders undergraduate degree programs and graduate degree program are known for preparing compassionate, knowledgeable clinicians in speech-language pathology. here, you'll obtain the skills necessary to provide therapy services to children and adults who exhibit a wide range of communication disorders.
about the csd program
speech-language pathology graduate student combines passions to treat communication disorders
for future speech-language pathologist sharon witt, the master’s program in communication science and disorders at rockhurst university allows her to combine her loves for speech and music to assist individuals in kansas city and beyond.
why csd at rockhurst?
- full-time students typically complete the program in only five semesters
- employment opportunities after graduation are very strong
- our praxis exam pass rate exceeds the national average
- partnerships with a large number and variety of clinical sites provides students the opportunity to gain experience with culturally and linguistically diverse populations while serving both pediatric and adult clients. learn more about csd clinical practicum experiences
what to expect as a speech-language pathology graduate student
- community-based practicum experiences that provide you with valuable, real-world training in speech-language pathology
- variety of electives, allowing you to foster individual or special interests
- curriculum that emphasizes ethics and values in line with ru’s jesuit mission, specifically in developing students to be sensitive and grounded when serving others
- close interaction with faculty and multiple mentoring relationships
college of health and human services
students use interprofessional collaboration to prepare for health care jobs
rockhurst university students studying physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, and nursing met together recently for a unique learning opportunity. the students watched case studies then met with their peers from different majors to discuss how each would treat each patient’s situation. students gained valuable information and an invaluable appreciation for new perspectives in health care as they pursue their degrees.
the master’s (m.s.) education program in speech-language pathology at rockhurst university is accredited by the council on academic accreditation in audiology and speech-language pathology of the american speech-language-hearing association, 2200 research boulevard, #310, rockville, md 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700