Why Choose Road To Freedom?
"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are
as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit."
3 John 1:2
Spiritual Care Like No Other
The Road to Freedom provides the highest standard of patient care. We are committed to restoring your health mentally, physically, and spiritually. Our spiritual care team includes six full-time pastors, six Christian clinical therapists, spiritual leaders, ministry interns, as well as board-certified medical staff. Our community of Road to Freedom alumni is a testament to our patient success.
Here, our patients can attend Recovery Church, which is a where you can get baptized, engage in prayer groups, and enjoy meditation. Road to Freedom is partnered with other Christian organizations to provide more comprehensive spiritual services and treatment for both substance abuse and mental health patients.
As an accredited Christ-centered treatment program, Road to Freedom is partnered with well-known, faith-based organizations such as Focus on the Family, Meier Clinics, and New Life Ministries.
Engaging Group Meetings
With such a wide array of programs, our patients from the Road to Freedom program can receive support from our diverse group meetings. Some of these groups include:
- A Vision for You - A vision for you is a literature study (Bible and AA Big Book and 12 & 12) which recreates the experiences of Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith when they met in the Oxford group in Akron, OH back in 1935. The group’s five-week course is a re-exposure to the very stories, topics and principles which led Bill and Bob to their spiritual experience and victory over alcoholism. The classes provide our patients the tools they need to begin a total life change. The group focuses on challenges and common mistakes common to early recovery, and gives ways to successfully overcome these obstacles.
Introduction to Serenity Prayer - This group introduces the Faith principles in the Serenity Prayer. Using the Life Recovery Bible, and the AA Big Book, students will explore Biblical figure profiles and the book of Proverbs, and learn to apply these truths to their lives in recovery, meets once a week for 6 sessions.
Self-Image - This group is taken from an article developed by Dr. Steven C. Riser titled, “Who do you THINK you are?” Using the Life Recovery Bible and the article, students will learn and discuss; some of the basic problems that come from low self-esteem and examine what the Bible says about self-worth. The students will take a survey that will determine their personal issues with self-esteem and learn Biblical truths that help to resolve them. This is a recurring group that meets weekly.
- Free Indeed - Finding freedom through the parables, teachings and life of Jesus
- Truth Therapy - “Truth Therapy” is based on the premise that addicts rely on a faulty belief system that generates maladaptive thoughts resulting in destructive behavior. The basis for recovery is to look at those faulty beliefs (Lies) and learn to replace them with healthy beliefs (Biblical Truth) based on our true Identity “who we are in Christ”.
- Redeemed and Restored - The transforming work of Christ in our lives
- The Pursuit of God - Discovering the nature & character of our Heavenly Father
- Every Man’s Battle - A men’s group addressing biblical sexuality and relationships
Faith and the 12 Characteristics of Life Recovery - This Group focuses on 12 Key values and characteristics that are true of those who successfully find Recovery. Using the Life Recovery Bible, and The Big Book of AA, students will look at 3 Key Values and Characteristics each week for 4 weeks.
Our spiritual care groups were created to guide our patients on their spiritual journey and get closer to God during their recovery.
Exceptional Care from Christian Therapists
Skilled Christian therapists will guide you as you learn more about yourself, your Savior, and how your addiction functions. The emotional and mental side of each person is engaged with love and compassion as you learn to trust God for emotional healing and renew your mind.
Through individual and group therapy, classes, and personal work, you will come to see yourself as God sees you: A child of His, saved and redeemed to live in freedom. Dual diagnosis treatment is available for those who have co-occurring psychiatric conditions such as bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety.
Healing the Mind
Our mind, body and spirit are interconnected. When our spirit isn’t healthy, our mental and physical health can decline. At the Road to Freedom program, we provide full-service amenities, and we are passionate about providing Biblically-based and clinically sound addiction treatment.
We realize addiction recovery is a lifelong spiritual journey that opens up pathways to walk in your truth and reveal God’s purpose in your life. With the Road to Freedom program, you will have the opportunity to restore your mind, body, and spirit.
Healing the Body
We provide the highest standard of physical care by offering chiropractic, massage and acupuncture therapies to all patients, as well as an exercise facility and outdoor recreation area. Our detox is staffed by caring physicians and nurses 24 hours a day, and is medically sound, safe and comfortable. These programs were designed by a licensed physician who has devoted his life to Biblically-based drug and alcohol treatment.
Healing the Spirit
Our Christ-centered program guides you through the process of reconnecting with the source of your freedom, Jesus Christ. The root of the problem of addiction is spiritual in nature, and separation from God can cause deep feelings of emptiness, loneliness and pain. Drug abuse and alcoholism are often a misguided attempt to numb those feelings.
However, when you begin the Road to Freedom program your relationship with God is restored. When God begins the process of healing those areas that once drove your addiction, genuine peace can be found and your relationship with God will become more desirable than the false comfort of addiction.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." We believe that this
promise is true for all who will put their faith in Him.
Take your steps down that path today. Call – our professiona admissions staff are available 24-hours a day waiting for your call.